Please open the Chancellor's Update for Families dated 9/21/20 , which contains information about the health screening process, including the health screening survey and temperature checks, as well as other helpful information on how to stay healthy and safe while in and out of school. Translations will be available on the Messages for Families page of our family-facing website.Oral thermometers will backpacked home when students attend in person learning. We are also attaching a Home Screening flyer to remind everyone what to do before going to school each morning.PS 253
A Message from Mrs. SperoniDear Families,As you are aware the Mayor, in consultation with the Chancellor has decided to delay in school learning for our blended students. To that end next week all students will be learning remotely Monday 9/21-9/25. The teachers will be posting all schedules onto your child's Google classroom and will be meeting with them live throughout the school day .On Tuesday 9/29 our Week #2 Cohort C Blended student's (in person at the school )will be coming to PS253. As a reminder all students and parents/guardians are expected to wear a mask during arrival and dismissal as well as take their child's temperature prior to coming to school .We are so excited to see everyone !!!Below please find a letter from the Chancellor to all families.Warm Regards, Lisa SperoniPS 253
Important Update on In-Person Learning Start Dates-- Updated 11:02 AM EDT, Thursday September 17, 2020
FROM THE DOE:
We made a pledge to you that we would put health and safety first. And we made plans to make rich, high-quality learning experiences available to all students, regardless of where they are learning from.
We must continue living up to that pledge as we get closer to opening our buildings. To do that, we have some updates on this year’s in-person learning start dates:
- Children who are enrolled in fully remote programs will still begin full-day instruction on Monday, September 21.
- Children in blended learning will be learning remotely on Monday, September 21 until their in-person start date as outlined below. Students should report to school according to their specific blended learning schedules – check with your child’s school to see when they should report.
Students in Grades 3K and Pre-K: in-Person Learning begins on Monday, September 21
All grades in District 75 schools: In-Person Learning begins on Monday, September 21
All Elementary Schools (K-5 and K-8) including students in Grades 6-8 in K-8 schools: In-Person Learning begins on Tuesday, September 29
Middle Schools (Grades 6-8): In-Person Learning begins on Thursday, October 1
High Schools (Grades 9-12): In-Person Learning begins on Thursday, October 1
Secondary Schools (Grades 6-12): In-Person Learning begins on Thursday, October 1
Transfer Schools, Adult Education, Evening Schools: In-Person Learning begins on Thursday, October 1
K-2 and K-3 Schools: In-Person Learning begins on Tuesday, September 29
- Grades K-8: In-Person Learning begins on Tuesday, September 29
- Grades 9-12: In-Person Learning begins on Thursday, October 1
September 8, 2020-Updates for Families from Chancellor CarranzaPS 253
WEDNESDAY EVENING JULY 15, 2020 INFORMATION FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
WEDNESDAY EVENING JULY 15, 2020 INFORMATION FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
This fall, your child’s school will offer a combination of in-person and remote learning. You can choose from two options:
1. 100% Remote Learning: Opt in to have your child learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). To choose this option for your child, fill out and submit this form. https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference If you are having difficulties completing this form online, call 311. Deadline to fill out the form is August 7.
2. Combination of In-Person and Remote Learning: Your child can follow their school’s schedule, a mix of in-person days at school and remote learning days from home. To choose this option, no action is needed: your school will be in touch about its schedule and programming plans in the coming weeks. Please visit the Return to School 2020 pages on the website for more information.
INVITATIONS TO PS 253’S INFORMATION SESSION GIVEN BY MRS SPERONI WILL BE EMAILED IN THE COMING DAYS, AS WELL AS, POSTED VIA REMINDPS 253
LATEST INFORMATION REGARDING SCHOOL OPENING AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 FROM CHANCELLOR CARRANZA
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
- School staff report to schools
Wednesday, September 16, Thursday, September 17, and Friday September 18, 2020
- Instructional Orientation
- All students will
- Reconnect to their school community
- Learn the health and safety procedures
- Check technical connectivity
- Have wellness checks with their teachers and guidance staff
Monday, September 21, 2020
- All schools will begin full-day teaching and learning
- All schools will begin full-day teaching and learning
- Students in blended learning (combination of in-person and remote) will begin to report to buildings, depending on their in-person schedule
- Students in 100% remote learning will all begin full-day learning
PS 253 Schedule for Blended In-Person Learning
PS 253 has selected Model 2 of the Chancellor's elementary school instructional options. This model will include 3 groups/cohorts (Group A, B, and C) of students to rotate and receive in-school instruction following a 3-week rotation cycle. The days students are not in school they will be receiving online instructions via Google Classroom. In this way all students, whose parents have chosen Blended Learning (hybrid) Model, will be receiving instruction ( in schools and remote) 5 days days a week 8:30-2:00, as required by the Department of Education.
Information regarding your child's schedule for the upcoming school year has been emailed to their @nycstudents.net email which was created and activated in June. To ensure all students attend school on the correct day, we will provide you with a monthly calendar to assist you with organizing your family's daily routines. The calendars for September and October have been included in the email, as well as, posted on our website. Important: please check your child's email. All emails will be completed by Tuesday, August 25th. Kindergarten families will receive their information via the email provided during the registration process.
**Please note the NYCDOE still has not released the school calendar so dates may changes.PS 253
"Back To School Pledge" From Mayor deBlasio and Chancellor Carranza
Mayor de Blasio and Chancellor Carranza released the "Return to School 2020 Back to School Pledge." It outlines the commitments to students, families, staff, and all school communities prior to the start of school year.
Please open the attached link to view the document.PS 253
August 3, 2020 Updates for Families on Health & Safety Protocols from Chancellor Carranza
Dear Families, Please open the attachment for IMPORTANT information from Chancellor Carranza regarding health and safety protocols.
REMINDER: Friday, August 7th is the deadline to apply for TOTAL remote learning. LINK: https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreferencePS 253
July 27, 3030 Updates for Families on School Reopening From Chancellor CarranzaAttention Families: Please see attached update for families letter from the Chancellor sharing more information about both remote and blended learning options to better inform and empower families to make a decision by August 7.We encourage all families to fill in the Learning Preference Survey by August 7thPS 253
Calendar of Events
Remote Learning For All StudentsPS 253
Yom Kippur- Schools ClosedPS 253
In-School: Group C
Remote: Groups A, B,DPS 253
In-School: Group A
Remote: Groups B,C,DPS 253
In-School: Group B
Remote: Groups A, C, DPS 253
Join us with Remind!